Home shopping has evolved.
Real estate commissions should too.
We did something about it.
Changing Times In Real Estate
Thanks to online tools available for buyers, sellers and real estate agents the cost of selling a home in the Seattle area has gone down substantially.
Print advertising is no longer the most cost effective way to reach buyers (was it ever?). Buyers can easily locate homes for sale with a quick web search. Full color photos and virtual walk-thrus help accurately display a home’s features.
So why are traditional real estate agents still getting paid 6% on the sale price of a home? We think there’s a better way. At VerraTerra Real Estate, we feel sellers should pay one fair, fixed rate to sell their home.
Sell Your House with VerraTerra
We recognize the role of Seattle area agents has changed, yet traditional real estate practices aren’t keeping up with the times. At VerraTerra, we find it difficult to justify the traditional percentage based costs associated with selling real estate in the Seattle area. This is why we do business differently.
Our sellSmart! listing plan represents our answer to the flaws we found within the real estate industry.
sellSmart! Listing vs. Traditional Listings
VerraTerra sellSmart! Listing Plan – designed for any home seller who wants first class end-to-end service and support, high quality and effective marketing for a fair and justifiable cost that isn’t based on the value of your house. Afterall, a reputable agent should deliver the same level of service and complete the same tasks whether its a multi-million dollar home or one that’s a few hundred thousand. Our listing plan is most comparable to a traditional listing service, except we’ve made expensive and ineffective services (like print marketing) optional.
- VerraTerra uses an easy fixed fee, not a commission based on the sale price of your home. In most cases, is saves our clients a median of $6005.
- With VerraTerra, all critical services are included. You’ll pay less without sacrificing all the services you’d expect from a traditional agent.
- Services like print advertising, are optional and priced separately.
- The sellSmart! listing plan doesn’t apply to short sales, bank owned or new construction developments.
Everything you need to sell your home quickly at the best price!
- Listing Published in NWMLS and syndicated to all major realty websites
- Key box lease for the life of listing
- In-depth pricing and market analysis
- Professional photography session
- Online advertising
- Unlimited client support and pre-listing consultation
- Customer service for seller, prospective buyers and their agents
- Generate and provide competition status reports
- Showing feedback from agents/buyers
- Renew online advertising as needed to ensure constant exposure
- Monthly review of market/competition with seller to discuss pricing and/or marketing strategy
- Review, analyze and negotiate all offers received
- Manage the closing process and all parties involved to ensure a smooth-as-possible closing
- Arrange for any repairs or maintenance items as needed prior to closing (costs billed to seller)
- Coordinate with sellers/buyers/buyer’s agent on closing process, key exchange, etc.
Open houses can be arranged and staffed at $300 per three hour open house.
sellSmart! Listing Plan Costs
We perform the same set of services for all Seattle area houses for sale. It only makes sense that our fixed fee is the same for every house.
- Set up Fee: $1500 – due when the listing goes live
- Closing Fee: $6000 – due when the sale of the house is complete
- Note: These costs are for the listing agent only. Seller is still responsible for providing a commission for the buyer’s agent.