At VerraTerra, we strive to make buying real estate in the greater Puget Sound area more efficient and less costly for our clients, without sacrificing quality or service. We also believe that buyers should have choices to pick and choose what best fits their individual real estate needs. We have tailored our buySmart! buyer plan to meet the real estate needs of the experienced home buyer.
The buySmart! purchase plan is best suited for buyers who are willing to do a lot of their own research on Seattle area homes for sale, neighborhoods and price points, but want the expertise, advice and consultation of an experienced Seattle area real estate agent once a short list of potential Seattle area homes for sale has been identified (by the buyer).
Whether you are looking to buy a larger home to accommodate your growing family, looking to downsize as the “nest” grows empty or looking to buy Seattle area investment property, we provide expert representation, expert contract negotiations and expert real estate transaction assistance for the experienced buyer.
buySmart! Buyer Plan Features
- Up to 5 showings / home consultations with your VerraTerra agent
- Assistance in formulating an offer strategy
- Drafting, finalizing and submitting formal offer(s)
- Contract negotiations
- Inspection supervision and inspection report consultation / negotiations
- Title report review
- Review of buyer’s settlement statement for accuracy
- Final walk-through of home prior to closing
- Coordination of all parties involved in the sale to ensure all timelines are met (title, escrow, lender, buyer, seller)
buySmart! Buyer Plan Costs
- Our retainer fee is $500 and is non-refundable – due when the agent is hired
- Our closing fee is $4500 – due when the purchase transaction is complete
What Happens to the Commission the Seller Traditionally Pays the Buyer’s Agent?
In the current real estate industry, every listing on the NWMLS has a designated commission amount for the buyer’s agent (usually a percentage of the sale price). With the buySmart! Buyer Plan, our $4500 closing fee is deducted from the total commission owed to the buyer’s agent and the rest can either be rebated back to you, applied toward your other closing costs, negotiated as a sale price reduction, or a combination of there of. The exact method of this rebate is determined on a case-by-case basis.