The Salvation Army, “America’s favorite and most trusted charity,” has been serving the greater Puget Sound area for years. The Salvation Army provides emergency assistance, sheltering, youth services, adult rehabilitation services and is the nation’s largest provider of housing for the homeless.
Images of red kettles and bell ringers are probably what come to mind when you think of Christmas and the Salvation Army. The red kettle fund raising campaign, which started in San Francisco in 1891, is a symbol of love, light and caring during the holiday season.
Through the red kettle, millions of dollars are donated each year to aid needy families, seniors and the homeless. Red kettle donations provide Christmas dinners, clothing and toys for families in need and many continue to receive assistance after the holiday season.
The following Washington stores have agreed to welcome the Salvation Army Red Kettles: Albertsons, Bi-Mart, Big Lots, Fred Meyer, Haggen, Inc., Hobby Lobby, JCPenney, Kroger, Macy’s, Safeway, Sam’s Club, Shopko, Walgreens and WalMart (the final decision about kettles is left up to local management staff).
Salvation Army Volunteers Needed
This holiday season, volunteers are needed to help make the Salvation Army’s Christmas Assistance programs a success. Volunteering is a wonderful opportunity for families, church groups, civic organizations and corporations to come together in camaraderie and give back to the community.
Be a Bell Ringer
Ring a bell and embrace the holiday season, give back to the community, help raise the funds needed to finance social service programs in your neighborhood and experience the joy that comes with giving to others.
For more information about volunteer opportunities as a bell ringer, please contact Michele Meyers at (206) 217-1281 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Man an Angel Giving Tree
Along with the familiar red kettles and bell ringers, the Angel Tree program is one of the Salvation Army’s highest profile Christmas assistance programs. The Angel Tree was created by The Salvation Army in 1979 in a Lynchburg, Virginia shopping mall to provide clothing and toys for children at Christmas time. The program has since grown to include Angel Trees across the nation, in shopping malls, and on-site at businesses, clubs, churches and organizations.
This holiday season, volunteers are needed to help man the Angel Giving Tree at Northgate Mall and collect toys for a child in need. Toys will be given to needy families at the Salvation Army’s Christmas Distribution. For more information about Giving Tree volunteer opportunities, please contact Michele Meyers at (206) 217-1281 or email@example.com.
Help Out with the Toy ‘N’ Joy Program
You can help bring joy to a child on Christmas morning by helping out with The Salvation Army’s Toy ‘N’ Joy Program. Families who cannot afford toys for their children come to The Salvation Army to receive gifts through the program. Last year, more than 4,100 needy children in the Puget Sound area benefited from the Toy ‘N’ Joy Program.
Schedule for Volunteers:
- Monday, December 20: help sort toys to turn Qwest Stadium Exhibition Hall into a festive distribution center.
- Tuesday, December 21: help families shop for gifts for their children by being an “elf” personal shopper.
- Wednesday, December 22: help clean and return the Hall to its original state.
- To sign up by email click here or call (206) 217-1281.
Angel Giving Tree Online Program
Once again, the Salvation Army and JCPenney have partnered during the holiday season, offering an online option to Angel Giving Tree adoptions. The annual Christmas drive provides special-needs gifts, clothing and other wish-list items for kids and senior citizens in need. You can visit jcp.com/angel and request an Angel. One will then be e-mailed to you along with a list of requested items. The Angel Giving Tree online program allows you to shop for an Angel online at jcp.com, at all JCPenney stores or any retail store of your choice.
Seattle Area Real Estate Services
VerraTerra is not your ordinary Seattle area real estate Brokerage. Unlike most real estate companies that force you to do things one way or their way, we believe you should have choices to pick and choose what best fits your individual needs. We’re always looking for ways to make buying and selling Seattle area real estate more efficient AND less costly for our clients, without sacrificing quality or service.
We specialize in Seattle area real estate including:
- Seattle Real Estate – Seattle waterfront homes, Seattle, luxury homes, Seattle single-family homes, Seattle townhomes and Seattle condominiums
- Bellevue Real Estate - Bellevue waterfront homes, Bellevue luxury homes, Bellevue single-family homes, Bellevue townhomes and Bellevue condominiums
- Bothell Real Estate - Bothell waterfront homes, Bothell luxury homes, Bothell single-family homes, Bothell townhomes and Bothell condominiums
- Kirkland Real Estate Kirkland waterfront homes, Kirkland luxury homes, Kirkland single-family homes, Kirkland townhomes and Kirkland condominiums
- Redmond Real Estate - Redmond waterfront homes, Redmond luxury homes, Redmond single-family homes, Redmond townhomes and Redmond condominiums
- Mukilteo Real Estate – Mukilteo waterfront homes, Mukilteo luxury homes, Mukilteo single-family homes, Mukilteo townhomes and Mukilteo condominiums
- Seattle Area Homes for Sale in all surrounding cities
If you’re looking to buy Seattle area real estate or sell your home in the Seattle area, we will be happy to take care of your real estate needs. If you currently own investment property in the Seattle area and need property management services, VerraTerra Property Management can take care of tenant placement and monthly management for you.
Our mission is to provide outstanding customer service to all of our clients while utilizing the best practices and systems available! For more information about VerraTerra real estate services in the Seattle area and how we can best serve you, please fill out the online contact form below or give us call at 425.223.4828.